Improving Posture When Using A Motorised Standing Desk
Good posture makes us more attractive and could make us feel better and healthier. Posture contributes to our overall well-being. That’s why you should always be mindful of how you sit or stand to avoid unnecessary pain and discomfort.
Research shows that using standing desks helps improve posture. Even long-time users attest to this as they related that they become more conscious of how they stand or sit when using a height-adjustable desk.
At Lazy Maisons, we have listed ways to improve your posture when sitting or standing. We also provide high-quality height-adjustable desks in different sizes and colours if you want to experience the wellness benefits for yourself.
Sitting for too long is bad for our health. But we find ourselves sitting most of the time when we’re at work, school, or home. So here are some helpful tips on how to improve posture when you’re sitting.
- Switch positions once in a while
- After minutes of sitting, we encourage you to stretch, stand, and take brief walks.
- Have gentle stretches now and then to relieve muscle tension.
- Prevent crossing your legs as much as possible. Keeping both feet on the floor with your ankles in front of your knees would be best.
- Keep shoulders relaxed. Avoid slouching, curling, or pulling your shoulders backwards.
- Keep elbows close to you and bend at around 90 to 120 degrees.
- Choose chairs that fully support your back. We recommend getting a quality ergonomic chair or having a back pillow to keep your back’s natural curve. Lazy Maisons Recliner is an excellent option.
- Ensure that your hips and thighs are comfortably supported. We vouch for a well-padded seat, such as the Lazy Maisons Vera Leather Electric Recliner Chair, so your hips and thighs are parallel to the floor.
After minutes of sitting, it may now be time to work in a standing position. Here are some easy-to-follow tips to improve your posture when you stand so you will feel better in the long run.
- Stand tall and straight.
- Keep your shoulders back while pulling your stomach in
- Bring body weight and pressure mainly on the balls of your feet.
- Keep your head and shoulders levelled.
- Have your arms naturally relaxed and hanging down on your sides.
- Your feet should be approximately shoulder-width apart.
As you spend most of your hours in your day working, why not get a lifestyle upgrade and get yourself a standing desk and reclining chair? Using both guarantees plenty of physical and mental health benefits, and an improved posture is one of those.
The Lazy Maisons Height Adjustable Desk is a chic and innovative workspace that is a classy addition to your home. You’ll get ample surface space, excellent weight capacity, low noise function, and a five-year warranty.
On the other hand, the Vera Leather Electric Recliner Chair elevates your modern work set-up and gives you comfortable seating while you work. You can also enjoy your much-needed power naps as you take breaks.